Just gotta tell you of God's awesome-ness.
So tonight at church, we had a visitor named Will. In greeting the visitors, someone said he had come before, (but I dont remember that... of which I'm really not that surprised....). He asked if he could say something, and Pastor said ok, that was fine. He was sitting in the back row, and started to walk towards the front, and started talking. First thing he said was "I'm an alcoholic..." and I thought... does he think we're an AA meeting?? then he continued.... (and I'm kinda paraphrasing cos I dont remember his exact words....) but he said he was on his way to the liquor store.. and he said he asked God for a sign or something... like he didn't want to go... or something like that. So, he asked God for a sign. Then, out of nowhere... It started hailing. Now mind you, it was kinda cloudy today. And around 5-ish, MASSIVE thunder storm. I thought if thunder could fall, it was gonna land on my head. It was LOUD! And then where I was, MASSIVE drops of rain! LARGE drops. Kinda odd.... But now I think I know why. So for Will, where ever he was in town, it started hailing. He said, aiight God. I'll go to church. And he "just so happened" to have the church card in his back pocket... and said, I'll go to this church. (Just a side note... I did notice that Will's hands shook alot....) Well, as he was telling his story, the Holy Ghost just moved. everyone started praying, and a munch load started crying. It was like you could just feel God reaching out to this guy. It was just awesome. Seriously built my faith!!!
Then, another man had a testimony. I'll share it with you.... This man was saying how he'd walked away from God. And he thanked God for allowing him to come back, and thanking God for the ministry. And then he was saying that after he left church, things started happening at his job. His hours got cut. And he needs those hours! After he came back to church, and started doing what he knew was right, he got his hours back... and an extra day off!!! That was awesome! Then, something happened at his job over the weekend, and it looked like he was going to have to work today and miss church. So yesterday, (after he got called in to work the weekend....) He'd been praying that day for God to do something... The owner of the place where he works (he's a cook) came in about half-way through his day and said that because of the circumstances, they were just going to shut down the kitchen today, and the guy could have the day off!!! No missing service or anything! it was just awesome!
Then pastor preached a great message.... but right now i dont remember it.... (i keep thinking of last weeks....) i'm still pondering... .just give me a minute.... sheesh. i aint THAT old for crying in the dark! ah yes! God is ready to do his part in our lives, but we need to do our part. Like, God is ready to give us our miracle, blessing, and all, but what are we doing to receive this from God? Like, when naman had to go wash himself in the jordan... God did it, but naman had to put action to it.... So then, for altar call, Pastor went back to Will, and told him, God wants to deliver him, but what is Will going to do? He needs to do his part! Almost everyone started praying then... Pastor took Will by the hand and took him to the front, and was telling him what to do and stuff, and I think most if not all the men went and prayed with will. And everyone was just praying, and Pastor was saying if you need something, come up front and pray, and do your part, God could do it TONIGHT! and it was awesome! So most of the people went up front and was praying and stuff. It was just awesome. That's the only I know of how to explain it. After awhile, Pastor was talking to Will. And gave his testimony of how God delivered him. As previously mentioned, his hands would shake. And he said that before, he shook so bad he couldn't even hold a cup of coffee without spilling! And now, he DONT SHAKE!!! I'm telling you, it was awesome! I know i've been using that word alot here, but there is no other way to explain it...
So that's the service from tonight. Just wanted to share with ya'll. Comments, questions, thoughts and concerns are always appreciated!
Sonia
that's all i have
Outreach
10 years ago

3 comments:
It was Totally Awesome service and he for real didn't shake anymore after he prayed, he kept looking at his hands like he was totally in shock. It was pretty amazing.
P.S. His name was Bill.
:))
wow. Thank you for posting this Sonia. I need windshield wipers for me eyeballs lol. I really missed out. But if I do my part, God will do his :D and he'll do it again
:D
k im going to pray now
cuz Lord knows I need it.
Love you and again Thank you for putting this up I appreciate it:D
Naya - I noticed him looking at his hands. And so I thought his name was Bill.. Bill ... Will... Frank... Fred.... Sheesh. all the same.. right? lol.
Sarah- I thought you might like that. Just thought I would share it with you. And you should get the tape! (or CD) lol. God's doing awesome work!!
Post a Comment