Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hot August Nights....

It's August folks! And that means a few things. 1st and most exciting... Hot August Nights. A boat load of old cars (1960's and older) poodle skirts, and those cute lil' black and white shoes. Pig tails and ribbons. Elvis impersonators. I think you get the point.

I have been able to go down twice this year and look at some old cars. I personally like going down to Downtown Sparks. they have a cruise of the old cars, and it's just great fun. I did get some pictures, but as usual, they aint uploaded yet. Hence, you'll just have to wait for those.

what else is going on in August.... ah yes. State Fair. I'm sorry ya'll, but our state fair is KAKS! after living in cali for awhile, and going to one of theirs, ours is kaks. that's the only way i can explain it. However, as most know... after August is september!

And I really like september around here.... Hot Air balloons.... GREAT fun. RIB COOK OFF!!!! ya'll should seriously think of going... only the best ribs in the WORLD! and CORN ON THE COBB!!!! the best!!! and funnel cake, and beef brisket sandwiches... YUMMY!!! and street vibrations... and air races. great month. full of great fun!

well, that's about all that's going on in me life... hope ya'll aint to bored.

sonia
that's all i have...

3 comments:

Princess Sarah said...

and also your birthday. and I TOTALLY agree about the fair. To put it bluntly, it sucks. I hate that word but it's true. The sad thing is, the one in Hermiston is better than ours.
O and btw... can't wait til balloon races :D
we should start planning everything now since there are other ppl that would like to go this year. Well, Josh lol. me, you, Josh, Liz & Sammy? idk who else. lol

Dallas and Dakota's Mom said...

September is the best for sure. We already have it all planned out. yeppers. I need volunteers for my kids some companionship at street vibrations. This will be our year we have the "in" kind of bike so we for sure have to show it off. Love the balloon races, air races. Yeppers. can't wait and we are taking our freezing trip to washington.
And of course a Happy Birthday to you when it comes since I already forgot the date of it. 28th? 29th? some where around there?
Oh and this will be our first year to go to the fair here. It can't be any worse than the fair where we come from, geez that was like the lamest fair there is, is the one in Centralia for sure.

MysticsKryten said...

Sarah - that part coulda been left out. lol. and yea... that's what i said about the fair... it's kaks. lol. kaks... sucks.. all relative. for the balloons... we can go in the truck... i guess.

Janaya- I'll volunteer for the kids. and for the birthday... we can forget that part. thanks.

love ya'll