Early morning of Sept 11... Do you remember where you were? I do.....
"Sonia... wake up. Terrorist have hit the Word Trade Center"
'no they didn't. It's another oklahoma city bombing" (keep in mind, these were the words that woke me up this early september morning....)
"no. It's not like that. It's terrorist. They hi-jacked planes and hit the twin towers"
"Oh."
That was my first ordeal of the attacks. I didn't really comprehend what was going on in my sleepy state. However, as I traveled around town running the errands that needed to be done that day, seeing it on tv's at the DMV, hearing talks about it at the Blood Center, I soon realized, this was serious. This was not another inside job as that done of Oklahoma City. This was real.
Since that day in 2001, the day has become a day of patriosm. (if that's really a word...) A day to honor America... but that's just my own opinion. A few things, I have raised money for the American Red Cross... Donated my blood... Had a service that wasn't a memorial service.... but one to honor the firemen, cops, and military. (wow... words are really just leaving me today... sheesh.)
However, how do you see a day like this? Do you remember where you were? How do you feel on this day? Please leave thoughts, questions, comments and concerns!
Thanks
sonia
that's all i have
Outreach
10 years ago

2 comments:
I don't really remember what I did that day, the only thing I actually remember of that day was: I was sleeping and there was an earth quake, the longest earth quake I have ever been in, I jump out of bed and run stand in the doorway of my room, when it is over I call my mom and she says turn the radio on, and that is when I learned the news. That is really all I remember of that day, it was so long ago. Dallas was 5 months old at that time. The good ole days. I lived in a nice cozy appartment. I miss those days, besides the fact of living in the rain. :P
Sad to say I didn't even think about what today was until about 2pm I was on my way home and heard something about it on the radio. :(
I was in 8th grade on my way to choir and my teacher was watching the news and crying when I got in the room.
I can't believe its already been that long...
Post a Comment