Hey ya'll. It's me - Sonia.....
It's been awhile, and there have been blog worthy happenings!! I've just been lazy & busy to post. I know that sounds like an oxymoron, but it's true. LOL. It's summer, and I just love summer time, and so I've been busy enjoying summer, and yet too lazy to sit my happy self down here and update you on the excitement of Sonia-Land. So, I'm just going to make myself sit here and do it.
First, most know I'm as broke as a rodeo horse. I can barely afford to sleep, and you know i LOVE my sleep!!! And it's been really tough the last few months, and of course during all this toughness of my pocket book my truck needs to be smogged and registered. Well, I've had the "check engine" light on for awhile, but it's still runnable, so i didn't think anything of it. Took it to get a smog, and it failed. =( Boo. And the nice people explained what was wrong with the truck, and since they are also part of a shop of a really good friend of mine, I called the shop to see about getting it fixed. It was going to cost more than I had, and more than i was going to be getting in a few days time before the truck would have no legal plates on it... So, I called another mechanic friend of mine, he reset the computer ordeal, and said based off the reading, my truck will still more than likely not pass smog. It was a "hard" reading, and it came up twice, and basically means that it probably still wont pass. Even being reset it just probably wont pass. Hence, it became panic time. BIG time. I had NO money, and if I didn't have a vehicle, it would be a sad state of affairs. So, I ate, and then panicked all the live long night. I prayed all that night as well... I barely slept from the stress. and for me not to sleep??? you KNOW i had to have been stressed. When I got up the next morning, i took my stressful self to another smog shop and prayed the whole way there, the whole time in line, and the whole time he had the machine hooked up to the truck. Then he looks at me and says the total price and it passed. I kid you not, I fought tears of thankfulness to Him!!! I was also able to pay registration there, and i left extremely thankful, and after i left the shop I did cry as the goodness of God was seriously overwhelming to me.
Miracle #2..... This past summer I was able to go to Georgia and meet my sister-in-law Renee for the what is basically the first time. She was married to my oldest brother at the time of his death.... and they had 2 girls. I was able to meet them, and also my baby niece Rayn. In meeting Renee, I was as nervous as a cat in a roomful of rocking chairs, and wasn't sure how things were going to go with her and my nieces. It's kinda tough meeting family that you know nothing about. Well, the meeting went way better than planned. My sister-in-law is now more of a sister than an in-law, and my nieces are beautiful girls. They are now 20 (Ravyn) & 18 (Rachyl) and my baby niece turns 2 tomorrow. (she's actually Rachyl's little girl....) Well, a few weeks back, Rachyl was driving on a mountain, and flipped Ravyn's car. It looked to be a HORRIBLE accident. top of the car all smashed in, the bonnet smashed up... oh it made me seriously wanna cry looking at pics of the car. However, the ONLY evidence on the girls is Rachyl had a small scratch on her ankle!!! Rayn had NO injuries, and Rachyl only had the scratch. THANK GOD!!! If I had a way to put the pics on here, I would, and i'm sure I could, but right now, I have no way to do that. lol. (that's the laziness of me and the postings) but I give all kinds of thanks to God they are both alive, and not injured. Rayn in her 2 yr old mind decided the car was bad, it needs a spanking and needs to be put in time out. lol. I'm just thankful to Him they are ok, and thankful to build a relationship with these beautiful girls i call my nieces.
Well, I think that's the extent of it all for now.... I know there's more, but idk what it is right now.
Hope ya'll have a good rest of the week.
Sonia
that's all i have
Outreach
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment