Monday, August 3, 2009

hay guys. it's me - Sonia.

So, I've been told I need to update, but not much really to update.

The prayer party the other day was good. However, made it out late and didn't make it to the prayer party, but did make it for the food!!! lol. I must say, the Ashworth/Mattocks family is quite the hilarious people. I really dont have any stories to share, but they had me laughing, going and coming. It was an enjoyable ride out to Fallon. And coming home. So that was last thursday....

Friday, I went to the BBQ thing with my mom. had a yummy hamburger. Then went in to work. Nothing exciting with that really. We have quite a few rooms at the hotel being used by the Army, and some were leaving EARLY saturday morning, so I was telling them goodbye on Friday night. I miss some of them. They are really cool people.

Saturday, just worked. Nothing to exciting. Worked, grocery shopping, and following bugs on cars that i heard were aliens!! lol.... Story behind that is, we were behind this SUV at a red light. then some HUGE bug comes and flies onto the back window on the drivers side. stays there for about 30 seconds, then flies off. right to the other side of the car. so now it's on the back window on the passenger side. flies off again as the car starts to go, and then follows the car for about a foot, then lands in the middle of the window, and then it didn't move the whole time i was behind the car. it was so weird. i was told it coulda been an alien... lol.

sunday, i had an awesome day with my parents. we were talking through out the course of the day, and we realized the last time we spent time as a family like that was over a year ago. which is sad. we did spend lots of time together on vacation, but when it was just my family, we were driving. and my mom was sleeping. so it was me and my dad. otherwise, there were friends or extended family around. not that i didn't mind that, but its been way too long to have just spent a day with my parents. i'm glad that God has allowed them to be in my life like they are. I may have tried to push them out when i was a teenager, or even in my early twenties, but to have the relationship i have with them now... it's awesome.

I was talking with some people awhile back, and they have unfortunatly lost a parent. I dont know how people without God go like that. And after talking with them, I have become much more thankful for the parents I have, and the relationship we have. I have seen some people, and they dont get along to well with their parents, and i just wanna beat them!! but i dont only because I went through the same stage in life. but now, i'm so glad i have my parents, and that we are close. I didn't know a person could become best friends with their parents, but i have. after i about killed my mom from a broken heart, we are so close. i was close with them before, but even after vacation, wow. we are even closer, and it's so awesome. So, i'm really thankful God gave me the parents he did, the teachings they have taught, the way they raised me, and how well we get along. I have a family member that I dont think his kids like him. I realized this very well on vacation. I have known for awhile that his kids weren't too fond of him, but to see the way they acted towards him, it saddened me that they dont have what i have with my own dad. And yet, they opened their arms to my dad which i thought was really nice. I really didn't plan on sharing my dad like with some family, but after seeing the way they were with their dad, and then how it was with my dad, i would be more than happy to share my dad with these other family members. that way they would know the true love of a dad and father. I do truely believe I have an awesome dad. He hasn't had to do what he does for me, but I'm so thankfull and glad he does. My dad is the best. And my mom, wow. after all i've done to her, she still loves me like no tomorrow.

well, i really didnt' plan on this being that long.... lol. I guess, i got started, and my parents are awesome people, and just thought i would share. so, back to the week in sonia-land....

Today, I was able to get some hours in. It was nice. We were non-stop busy. from the time i went in, until i just about left. Next weekend looks to be busy as well. Had a good day at work tho.

well, that's the update of sonia-land. hope y'all have a good week.

Sonia
that's all i have

2 comments:

Dallas and Dakota's Mom said...

My My, are you writing books now???????? LOL

MysticsKryten said...

Just wanting to be like you Naya!!! lol jk. nah, just fell into a tangent. happens every once in awhile ya know....