Hey guys... It's me - Sonia
Last week was Thanksgiving, and it has been a year to give thanks to Him. A lot has happened since last thanksgiving, when we really stop and reflect on the goodness of God. And I am thankful for a lot of things this past year...
I have made a few mistakes this past year, but I do believe I learned from them, and they made me a stronger person, and I hope some changes were made in me for the better. I wont know for sure exactly how I have been changed until the next "test" of the same sort... I know that sounds extremely vague, but I'm going to have to leave it that way.... But I am thankful for the chance to learn a few things, and grow some as a person because of the mistake.
Second, I was able to make a lovely trip down south, and have a good time in Tennessee. I am thankful for friends to make memories with... Even if they do involve bees. and stinging. and not pleasant things... lol.
Also, I am probably most thankful this year for connecting with my Sister-in-law Renee, and my two nieces. Connecting with them has been a highlight of my year. It involves more people to christmas shop for, but those girls are worth it to me. It's been a long time coming, and the visit went so well, and my family has grown because of it. Just wish I had some of Donald Trumps cash flow to help out with visiting them, and seeing them more often, but with modern technology, it's easier.
Third, I am thankful for friends. I have a few that are close... and I am thankful for that. I know a few that if I talk to them, what I say remains with them, and I appreciate that more than anything. I have learned that I want to be a trustful person, and be able to keep peoples feelings and thoughts so they have someone to talk to... I like it when people do that for me, and so I try to be the same.
Fourth and final, I'm thankful to live in America. I love this country. Been overseas, and yes, it's beautiful, and a life changing experience, but I'm thankful to live here. Would love to go overseas, but I am still so thankful to live in America.
That's my thankful list this year in a TINY nutshell. I have oh so much more, but we really don't wanna be here all night with that. So, I'll end my list there...
Altho... I am thankful for blessings... As most know, I have had truck ailments for awhile now. I need a catalytistyl (i have no idea really... catalick??) converter. And just haven't been able to afford one... however. A family that has been there provided me with a gift certificate for the part, and labor. Paid for. In full. The only thing I have to do is get my truck to the mechanic, and let him do it. I am so thankful someone helped me out with this. I pray God blesses them immensly. When they told me, I fought tears of gratitude. I probably would have cried except for the fact I didn't want to come to work teary eyed. haha.
It has been a great year, full of heartache, trials, it's definatly had it's downs this year, but I've also had good times.
Hope ya'll had a great thanksgiving!! May God bless you with many more with family and friends.
Sonia
that's all i have
Outreach
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment