Monday, March 19, 2012

MERCY!

Hey guys. It's me - Sonia.

Yes, yes, I know... I am alive! and it's only been too long... well, Welcome back, and have a cup of tea and lets sit and chat!!

I believe my last post was Christmas?? That was so long ago, I don't even remember exactly what I did for Christmas and New Years... I know I worked New Years Eve, and worked until about 10:30pm ish..... got home, showered, and crawled right in bed at midnight... How festive. HAHA! But what I did new years day, I do not recall. But that's ok.... I just know it coulnd't have been TOO bad, otherwise I would have rememebered that.

January - now.... busy, yet nothing is really going on. Working, church, friends, loving life.
Work... Interesting. that's all i can say about it right now. Happy where I am, and yet not... I like my hours, yet wish one day could be changed so I can go to church in Fallon for mid-week, and I might somehow try to figure out to get there, and yet not sure yet.
Church... explosive. that's all i have to say about that! New faces every sunday, packed house, people seeking and getting the holy ghost every sunday! For our first youth service we had family prayer right before.... and youth service really kinda didn't happen... it was just a continuation of prayer... and 2 got the holy ghost, and 2 baptized. Yesterday was so cute. We had a lady come with some kids, and one little girl used to come from what I heard about a year ago. She's 8? maybe 9.... Well, after service, she went and asked Bro Buxton, how do i get the holy ghost? can i still get it? I want it!! He explained, she raised her hands in the air, and a very short time later she got it!!! Another lady that someone has been giving Bible studies to got it, and a hispanic lady? Not totally sure, but that's what I understand. Fallon has been just as explosive! Last week we had our first evangilist there. Bro R. Williams from somewheresvilles CO? He preached, and a backslider in the middle of preaching got up and went to the altar and wept before Him. There is a HUGE family in Fallon, and they are either backsliders, or married into the large family, and one by one, they are coming "home" and bringing more family, and they are getting the holy ghost!! It's awesome what God is doing!!!
Friends... I have some silly friends. Y'all. HAHAHAHAHAHA Love ya'll tho!!!!
Life right now is GREAT!!! I am feeling so blessed, so grateful, and just thankful I'm able to live the life I live. Some people make me sad, they chose to stay in their self pity, and be depressed and sad, but they know truth, they know how to live happy, and they chose not to. it' makes me sad. But, I can't help them. They have to help themselves. And all I can do is pray for them.

Well, tomorrow is March 20th. 8yrs ago I walked down the aisle in a HUGE white dress and stood before God and witnesses and married Matthew William Oliver. That was quite the day. In quite the dress!! haha. Looking back at pictures you know your dress was long when all the flowers from the flower girls were all dragged up to the altar, and all there at the bottom step. HAHA! That was a great day. Also fitting, it's the first day of SPRING!! Looking back now, it's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGGGG 8 years. All I can really say about the whole thing right now is, the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the name of the Lord.
I have had some regrets in the last 8 years, but I learn from my mistakes, and I hope I have! I really don't wanna try to learn THAT painful lesson again!

Well, I believe that is the end of this journey. My tea cup is empty (oh yeah... never really got one this time... hehehe) and hope y'all come visit SoniaLand again soon!! Love y'all!!!

Sonia
that's all i have

0 comments: