Friday, April 27, 2012

A Few Ponderings......

Hey guys... It's ~ Sonia...

A few things have been going on in my life, and it's made me ponder once again how things in life can be so unfair.

A friend that I spent quite a few years with back in my teen age years and I have gotten back in contact. There were 3 of us that spent a lot of Sunday's in the kitchen at church for Sunday School, drinking coffee, having pastries, and talking about life, how we wanted to be when we were "grown up" and everything we wanted in life. Somehow, I dont think our lives came out how any of us planned. First, I got married, then a short 15 months later, God called him home.  Shortly after that, Amy lost her dad (who was our Sunday School teacher in those teen age years) and just last week Mary Ann buried her 1 year old little boy... All 3 called Home from cancer.  I have been thinking a lot of how maybe God had us together in those precious years of our lives, and how He's brought all of us back together after we have all had a loss. All 3 were very seperate losses, yet, all 3 were very close people, special to us... A father... a husband... and a child. And yet friends that have built a bond that has stood the test of time.  I spoke to Amy last week, and it's as if no time has passed in the last 15 years of not having any time really spent together. I have only seen her maybe 2 times since we were just kids, and her parents moved FAR FAR away.... (at the age 17, moving into another time zone may have been across the world in those days... no cell phones, no texting, and no internet...) and yet now, I have talked to Mary Ann and Amy, and it's as if we were just teenagers last week, sitting, listening to Amy's dad talk to us about life, and how to grow up and become respectable people of society.

And with all 3 of us losing someone that should in our eyes still be here, it's made me think once again about how we need to keep close friends close, and maybe "clean house" of those that don't value life like you... those that just bring you down. 

Talked to another person in my life this morning, and her marriage is not what I would call a good marriage. He's become abusive, hitting, choking, beating... and that's not what life is about! How can someone stand before God and witnesses, with a look of love towards his bride that is standing before him looking adoringly back at him, and yet in 6 months things are completly opposite... It breaks my heart for them.  Children should be held a little longer, parents should be valued, and spouses should be cherished.

It's also made me think, don't forget to tell people you care about them, because you just never know.  Earlier this year, a friend was found dead in his bed... and although I've heard a few things speculated about his death, he was definatly too young to be gone. At least in our eyes... All I can say is God is in control, and gives us the breath we breathe, and I thank Him daily for another day of life.

Well, that's what has been going on in my brain the last few weeks. 

Other things going on... not much. haha! May is just around the corner, spring days are here, and a few summer ones thrown in making it sun shiny, and definatly beautiful. I hear the lake calling louder and louder, and I am about ready to just jump right in and have myself a brilliant time.  However, currently sitting at Janaya's house whilst she runs around with last minute packings and cleanings and getting ready for people to come kid sit whilst she cruises the open seas.

Well, that's about all for now. Hope ya'll have a blessed weekend, and remember, hold your loved ones just a little bit longer....

Sonia
that's all i have

0 comments: